Sustainable tourism projects for accommodations, Travel agents, tour operators and governance level: sustainability strategy and policy development, supply chain audit and control, code of conduct development, stakeholder engagement, innovative sustainability workshops and sustainability team building, sustainability system development, energy management, water management, waste management and control, chemical management.
GreenHotels is the first network of Greek Eco Hotels and now a learning platform. By the term “Green Hotels” we refer to those hotels which are committed to environmental management and aim at:
- Water saving
- Waste reduction
- Establishing Recycling Policies
- Minimizing their Carbon Footprint (ie the amount of carbon dioxide which is emitted into the atmosphere by everyday activities that require energy consumption)
- Offering Biological and Local products to their guests
- Using Renewable Energy Sources
- Building an Environmental Culture and communicating it to staff and guests
Every day, more and more hotels around the world are embracing green tourism and are establishing an environmental management system. We, the GreenHotels team, are giving you the opportunity to track the Eco Hotels in your favorite destinations, through our constantly updated database. The hotels classification has been based on selected criteria and management policies which work to promote the highest possible standards of environmental and social management and responsible business practices within the tourism industry.
We, the GreenHotels team, are COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY and INNOVATION.
* Greenhotels is not a certification or award